Monday, December 13, 2010

Twas the Night Before Navidad

Twas the Night Before Navidad

By: Jonmicol


Twas the night before Navidad, when all through my casa
There was smells of pernil and arroz con dulce y pasas.
My uncle and grandpa drinking cervezas
And waiting for mami to put the food on the mesa.
****************
The children were looking at el arbolito
And grandma was sippin' on some more coquito.
The radio was blaring aguinaldos and salsa
While my tia yelled at my cousin "No andes descalza!"
*******************
When all of a sudden I discovered my granpa
In the bedroom half dressed as if he was Santa
"So there is no santa?" I asked, my voice low.
"Mijo, can you keep a secret? Yo soy Santa Cló"
********************
From the bedroom appeared Santa with a bag full of sorpesas.
As my brother kept asking "Why's Santa drinking Cerveza?"
And he stumbled from there to a chair by the tree
He called all the children "Muchachos vengan aquí"
*********************
"Ven Maicol, ven Hobri Ven Rodney y Normita,
Ven Joshua ven Vicky ven Chonchi y Lupita
Helena, Victor y Deborah vengan
Avenzen coño que me duele la pierna"
**************************
And when it was time for me to sit on his lap.
He asked "You didn't tell anyone, verdad?"
"No Mr. Clause your secret's safe here"
"A pues está bien....take a sip of my beer."
*********************************
He walked back to the room when the gifts were none
And no one realized that Santa was gone
Except me because the greatest surpise of all
Was that I knew my granpa was Santa Clause.
~Jonmnicol

No comments: